Saturday 1 June 2013

My Time To Craft GDT - 'Bookmark'

Ooh I was very excited when the lovely Shell asked if I would like to do a GDT Spot over at...

so of course I said Yes!! so I am with the team for the month of June! Yay! ... and here is my first creation.... this week's theme is....

'Bookmarks'

so we would love you to join in the challenge this week and make a bookmark... either corner or traditional...

As it is the 200th Anniversary of Pride & Prejudice this year... I thought I would honour the wonderful Jane Austen... so I've used a picture of the authoress and one of her wonderful quotes! and of course I will be giving these bookmarks to intolerably clever people!! ;-)


I've used some gorgeous Raspberry Road Papers and Elements Pack called Antebellum...  and then just added some ribbon... I do love the flexibility of these packs... they are wonderful for bookmarks... you can add everything digitally and keep things nice and flat... 


the font on the middle bookmark is called 'Jane Austen' and has been made based on her actual handwriting... I know it's not the easiest to read on the screen.. but I love it - it's SO cool !! 

Did you see the wonderful documentary - Pride & Prejudice: Having a Ball?  they re-created the Netherfield Ball ... it was really interesting... but I have to say the dances looked very complicated... I'm not sure that I would be able to remember all those steps? I can only think that they learnt them from childhood and it all became second nature... I can't imagine myself doing any of those dances at all... I think I would have been a bit of a klutz in the Regency Ballroom!!! LOL

I would like to enter my Bookmarks into the following Challenges:-

Simon Says - 'Anything Goes' 
Totally Papercrafts - 'Anything Goes' 

Well the weather brightened up here yesterday... so hopefully it will stay nice for a while! I hope you all have a good weekend! I will catch up with you soon...
Love and hugs

35 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow these are gorgeous .. and a wonderful tribute to Jane Austen... we are a little less cultured in this house and like "Bride and Prejudice".. same story just more modern lol
Lisa x

Wendy said...

Beautiful bookmarks Sue...Congrats on your GDT spot.
Wendy xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

These are so lovely Sue. Gorgeous colours and that font is great. I have two left feet so I don't think anyone would have asked me to dance in those days, and as it was the only time the young ladies didn't have their chaperon right next to them all the time I don't think I would have ever been betrothed.

Enjoy your weekend sweetie.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxxxx

Doreen said...

Beautiful tags Sue,love the images .xxx

Janice said...

Well done Mrs DT lady - you clearly are in demand! Not surprised about that at all as your creations are lovely. These are beautiful book marks and so wonderfully put together. Think you are also a digi-diva by the looks of things! Have a great weekend Sue, Jx

Judith said...

These are just gorgeous Sue what a lovely idea in the Jane Austin anniversary year, I'll keep a look out for mine in the post saying as they're only going to very clever people lol - oh I forgot I just made one - some other very clever person will have to have it instead haha
Enjoy the weekend Sue hugs Judith x

Jenny said...

Your bookmarks are very nice, I love it.

Greetings Jenny

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Sue these are stunning! I love them all how clever, they look so beautiful! Love the RR kits they are brilliant aren't they? Have a good weekend! Susan x

Debs said...

Oh Sue these are simply stunning hun - and such a great tribute too :o)
Hope you are keeping well.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Debs xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Absolutely beautiful bookmarks Sue I like the sentiment on these.
Kevin xx

Sue said...

WOW!! Stunning bookmarks Sue. Such gorgeous papers and fabulous quotes.
I would love to learn Ballroom dancing but I cannot see my hubby being a very willing partner!
Enjoy the sunshine!
hugs Sue xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Beautiful creations hunnie, just perfect!
Thank you for being our June GDT

Have a great weekend
hugs shell xx

chrissy xx said...

Oh My! These are absolutely STUnning Sue...LOve them ALL...FABulous colours too...
Congratulations on your DT spot...These really are perfect bookmarks..
Chrissyxx

Lisa Carroll said...

These are amazing! They look professionally done! :) Thanks for playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx

Jo said...

Wow, Sue....they're fabulous and a great tribute to Jane Austen! Congrats on your GDT spot too! Hope you're well & enjoying the weekend!
Hugs Jo x

Tammy said...

WOW your bookmarks are gorgeous Sue!! Fabulous colors and I love the digital papers you've used! I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
Big Hugs, Tammy

Ann said...

Love Jane Austin1 Beautiful Bookmarks. So glad you are our GDT member this month!

shayaankhan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cotnob said...

These are gorgeous bookmarks Sue, I love your Jane Austen images and gorgeous papers. Your quote is just so perfect for a bookmark - love it.
I hope you are well and enjoying the lovely weather.
Pauline
x

Pia S said...

These bokmarks are just wonderful, Sue! You've picked such a fab sentiment for them!

coops said...

beautiful bookmarks sue.i love your vintage ladies and fab wording :D

xx coops xx

Pat said...

Hi Sue, Gorgeous bookmarks for our challenge at MTTC this week, great to have you with us for the month of June.

Pat xx

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous! Well done on the DT spot. Kim

Unknown said...

Congrats on your GD spot sweetie, so happy for you and so well deserved, too! Gosh, your bookmarks are sooooooo beautiful! Love love those papers and the coloured frames around Jane Austen. And those fine quotes, too. I´m still using the bookmark you made me, Inferno is almost finished now! Big hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful bookmarks Sue, love the very pretty papers and gorgeous vintage image.

Donna x

PaperDaisies said...

They are lovely Sue. Just fabulous. I love the vintage look. Congratulations on your GDT. Well deserved. Hugs Nina

May said...

Gorgeous bookmarks Sue, Love those papers & wonderful images.. I think I'd be the same on the dance floor oops Ballroom in Regency times..tee-hee... Hugs May x x x

Wishcraft said...

They're lovely Sue, love that quote :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Diane said...

Wow you did a wonderful job creating the bookmarks they are gorgeous .. and a wonderful tribute to Jane Austen.

Regards diane

Shannon White said...

Aww, Beautiful Beautiful Sue!! What Wonderful Bookmarks!! I will be making up some shortly, soo I thank you for the Fabulous inspiration! Love Jane Austen too! ;-)

Hugs
Shannon

Betka said...

Beautiful bookmarks Sue :) Love those papers and vintage images.
Hugs (:Betka:)

Joan Ervin said...

Your bookmarks are fabulous, Sue!!!! What a great idea to use the picture of Jane Austen and her quot...you are sooo clever!!! Love the pretty colors and papers, too!!!!

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun what amazing book marks you are so talented my friend and so so clever too amazing hugs Cherylxxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

These are so beautiful hun, it's lovely to see the different colours along side one another, I can't decide which one I like best though they are all gorgeous
Lindsay xx

SusanLotus said...

Lovely bookmarks!

Hugs!