Monday 23 January 2012

Fairy Sue

Hi all, well...here she is .... is my very own Fairy Sue!! drawn by the mega talented Teresa. And you can buy her from My Crafty Heart!! Ooh I am so honoured to have a fairy named after me (blush) and it is so thoughtful of Teresa to have created fairies for all the My Crafty Heart Design Team. Thank you heaps hun!!!


The gorgeous paper is Alla Prima. The flower is Prima Teal Rose Trim. The little purple crystals are Hero Arts small mixed Gemstones. Stickles used are Star Dust (on wings and grass) and Tiara Glitz on the buckle. All available from My Crafty Heart.

I've used a 'Fleur de Lis' Rectangle Nestie that I got for Christmas. I've wanted these nesties for so long! I also got some Memory Box - 'Simple Buckles' and I love them! you can do so many things with them. Here I have added 'Tiara' Glitz Stickles which are extra sparkly!! 

Papermania Ribbon is from stash - I have had it for ages and forgotten about it but it just happened to fit the buckle and be the right colour. Sentiment is from Pink Petticoat. 

And that's it really. I've not added too many embellishments on this one as I really don't think it needs it. 

I love that this card is So pretty and yet it will still fit into an envelope!!! So great for posting!! :-))

I have coloured Fairy Sue with Copics and Flexmarkers. It doesn't show up in the photo below but the fairy wings and grass are dusted with Star Dust Stickles.




and in Teresa's own words.....

Fairy Sue is a kind and thoughtful fairy who likes to enjoy the sunshine and flowers...


Blogger was misbehaving yesterday. I had to completely re-do a Post because one paragraph of text kept going into a HUGE ugly font!!!! also the blooming light is awful for taking photographs. The only decent photo I could get of this card was this one taken at  an angle with lamp!! Oh roll on Spring and Summer and lighter days and evenings .... Sue really does like the sunshine and flowers!!! :-)

I would also like to say a big Thank You to Robin!!! (Teresa's son) who made this beautiful Blog Button with Fairy Sue on ... isn't it gorgeous!!!


I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges:-

Flutterby Wednesday - Challenge 186 - 'Open' Butterfly, Angel or Fairy ends 24th January 2012
Truly Scrumptious - Challenge 72 - 'Something Forgotten' ends 31st January 2012
Sentimental Sunday - Challenge 86 - 'Die Cuts' ends 28th January 2012
ABC Challenge  - 'H is for Happy Birthday' ends 31st January 2012
Creative Belli Blog  - Challenge 136 - 'Frames' ends 31st January 2012

Hope everyone has had a good start to the week! and if not, then I hope it gets better soon! We have got snowdrops out in our front garden - can't wait for the Crocus and Daffodils...and Easter!!
Thanks for visiting and for all your lovely comments!
Love n Hugs!
Sue xx

34 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Sue, WOW how special is this, your very own fairy, and she is beautiful, your card is stunning!!! I love that die, so elegant, everything is about this card is just lovely. Hope you have a great week.
Hugs Cheryl

Jules said...

Hi Sue

How wonderful to have an image named after you .. .. and such a lovely one too!

I love all the gorgeous goodies you have used here too. The flower is stunning and such a beautiful colour.

Love Jules xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Sue,love the image and that fab flower.xxx

DesignerDiva said...

Oh Sue I love your little fairy! How fab to each have your own fairy on the DT! You have coloured this little lady in to perfection! The papers and embellishments are all perfectly matched too!
I know what you mean about taking pictures! I hate it when it flashes then you can't see anything!!
Big Hugs Laurie xx

Mandy said...

Beautiful card,lovely colours and the fairy image is lovely...Thanks for sharing with us at Truly Scrumptious,hope to see you next time....
Mandy x

Shannon White said...

Oh Wow! So LOVELY Just like you! 8-) I Love Fairy Sue! and what a Sweet thing for Miss Theresa to do! And your card is just Wonderful my friend! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

wowie this is really really beautiful, i love it!

Ally said...

Eeeerm...I guess I forgot to comment this card last night... sorry!
Wow, it's gorgoeus and I love fairy Sue, she is pretty! You've done a great job on her :o)
Have a wonderful and cosy warm day!
Huggles, Alessandra

Anonymous said...

Wow an image named after you! You must be so proud and she is beautiful(like you)
You coloured her beautifully and your layout and papers are gorgeous. I love your big fabric flower.
A great job!
Hugs xx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Sue. Oh wow, that is so pretty and so very serene and regal. Love the colours you have used and that beautiful decorative square. Gorgeous.
Love Sandra xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is so gorgeous, big hugs love pops x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is brilliant what a great image and so perfect, Love it, Hazelxox

chrissy xx said...

WoW! Your very own fairy! This is sooooo special Sue. LOve your image! LOve your Colours! LOve your flower!! LOve everything!
Chrissyxx
What a Fabulous Button Blog........LOVE IT.

Lily Anuska said...

Beautiful image is named after you. Love your card.Simple and beautiful. Have a nice week. Hugs. Lily Anuska

coops said...

beautiful card sue.i love your stunning soft colours and design and the image is gorgeous ;D

xx coops xx

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful card Sue - i just love the colour combo and that gorgeous flower
So pretty
Lisa x

cheryl said...

oh wow Sue this is stunning adore that fairy and your colours and detail are just amazing,hugs Cherylxx

Jo said...

Well deserved, Sue, you must be very proud! She's stunning and you've coloured her FAB! Hope you keeping well-and warm!It's so cold, damp and miserable here.
Jo x

Unknown said...

Oh Sue! You have coloured 'your' fairy so tremendously pretty, you have really given her an ethereal look, she looks magical because of the soft tones, amazing! Love her stunning wings, too. Those colours are so pretty!! And yes, Robin is a superb designer, isn't he? Big hugs, Ira xox

Debs said...

WOW Sue she is simply stunning - just like your self hun in every way.
And your card is beautiful too.
Take care
Debs xx

angelwhispers said...

My word you are so lucky to have this wonderful fairy named after you she is just stunning!

The card is beautiful and so perfectly coloured! Chanelle xxx

Kreatives von Andrea said...

Hallo meine liebe Sue, nun schaffe ich es auch endlich dich mal wieder zu besuchen.....was für ein wundervolles Motiv und du hast es so klasse und perfekt coloriert, eine wirklich ganz bezaubernde Karte, gefällt mir sehr gut.

Einen ganz lieben Gruß von Andrea

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Sue,
Wow! you have made Fairy Sue look amazing with your super colouring skills Sue, I am beaming :) I love the softness and elegance that you have bought to her - and the papers, flower and embellies compliment her beautifully! She looks fab - hope you're OK and have a lovely evening, Big Hugs, Teresa xxx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh gorgeous! Lovely make and I love the flower. Kim

StephC said...

Lovely card! How wonderful to have a fairy named after you, she's beautiful. So glad you joined us at the Creative Belli challenge!

Vicky said...

Hi my sweetie totally & utterly super gorgeous card love the colours & I love the fabric flowers I'm forever feeling & stroking mine lol. Teresa has done such a fantastic job of these fairies & its cool to have one named after us all isnt it shug....I love them all & love the buttons Robin has designed.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous sweetie. You must be some proud having her named after you. I love all your embellies.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

cotnob said...

Wow! What an honour, your very own fairy, she's beautiful. Love the card you have crated with her, you're right about the embellishments, they are perfect.
Blogger seems to be having another hissy fit at the moment, I've been having problems with fonts and colours - it's so annoying when it takes so long to sort out a post.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Pauline
x

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Sue, I just love this so much! Fairy Sue is gorgeous and so is your card. How lovely of Teresa to draw fairies for all her DT and your own blog button too! FAB!
xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Ah Sue this is so pretty and aren't you lucky having a fairy named after you? Love the big flower too and your button is just too cute!! Hugs Susan xx

sara said...

great card very pretty image thanks so much for joining us at truly scrumptious this week
hugs sara x

Anonymous said...

Just Beautiful! I love your sweet image
Thanks so much for joining in at ABC this time
Hugs Julie P

xxxtglxxx said...

Love the simplicity of this :) It really pops out against the pretty paper and really lovely colours.

Have a smashing weekend hun

hugs

xxalisonxx

paige said...

Love the Nestie you used! Thank you for joining us at Creative Belli!