Wednesday 21 September 2011

Trimming The Tree

Hello all and Welcome to my New Followers! I coloured up this image a couple of weeks ago and thought it would be perfect to make a card for the 'Red, Green & White' Challenge at Lili of the Valley this week.  The gorgeous stamp is called 'Oh Christmas Tree' by Lili of the Valley


 The lush foil paper is from Me and My Big Ideas. Ribbon and Charm are from Bunny Zoe's. Flower and Holly are from Wild Orchid Crafts. Ivy was done with X-Cut Punch. Sentiment was made on computer. 


Colouring: Copics
Skin: E00, E02
Hair: E25
Reds: R42, R49
Greens: G82, G85
Browns: E31, E33, E35
Skars Glitter and White Flock


The gorgeous inserts are from Bearly Mine Designs

Off to do some more magazine sorting. I am trying to photograph any articles that I want to keep, so I can throw them out. Done over half of them now. But honestly sometimes I feel they are replenishing in the night when I am asleep!!! LOL Sick of the sight of the blooming things! Can't wait until they are all gone then I am buying no more !!!! Of course I will end up buying them for the gorgeous free gifts!!! :-))

I have been feeling SO tired this week.  My daughter came in the other day and when I said 'Hi' - she laughed and said that I am like Depressed Ross off Friends!!!! Mmmm.... Oh well hope it hasn't been coming across on my Blog or my Comments LOL. 

I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges:

Cute Card Thursday Challenge 182 - 'Anything Goes' (ends 21st September 2011)
Lili of the Valley - Challenge 112 - 'Red, Green & White' (ends 21st September 2011)  
Moving Along with the Times Challenge 116 - 'Sparkle' (ends 21st September 2011) 
Christmas Stampin' - 'Photo Inspiration' (ends 23rd September 2011)  
Christmas Crafting - Challenge 3 - 'Christmas Sparkle' (ends 30th September 2011)

Hope the week is going well for you all and hope it's warmer where you are as it's blooming cold here today in Manchester! Glad I don't have to go out is all!
Love n Hugs!
Sue xx 

27 comments:

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Sue...love the image and your colouring is stunning hun...

have fun with the mags..I have hundreds too...lol...

big hugs Vicky xx

chrissy xx said...

Fabulous! LOve your papers! LOve the image lol...Iv'e just got it with my voucher Sue. The inside of your card is Gorgeous...sooooo pretty!
Chrissyxx
Know what you mean about mags....I had loads of cross-stich ones and I cut out what I wanted and put in one of those folders with see-through sleeves.
Sorry to hear you have been tired...but at least your daughter made you laugh lol.

meg said...

Beautiful card the image is so sweet and the background and insert papers fantastic thanks for joining Christmas Crafting this month.

Anonymous said...

Wow gorgeous card Sue!
I made another bag and it's in the candy, there's gonna be two winners!
Hugs xx

Lisa Cornwall said...

Wow, Wow and wow, Gorgeous inside and out. Hugs Lisa x

Tracy said...

Hi Tracy
A superb creation with such beautiful details.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Tracy said...

I meant to say Sue not Tracy, my brain ain't in gear tonight LOl!
Tracy x

Arline said...

Stunning card! Gorgeous inside as well as beautiful outside! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Crafting this month!xx

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just stunning both inside and out wow just amazing detail hugs cherylxxxxxx

DesignerDiva said...

WOWSERS Sue I love that cute image and your colouring is A-M-A-ZING! Great colours, I really struggle with reds. The inside is just gorgeous too think I may have to get some of them fab inserts!

Hope your energy levels replenish as much as your magazine pile LOL you do crack me up!!

Hugs Laurie
PS
Thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT and hope to see you again soon

Cheryl said...

Hi Sue, your card today is stunning!!! Love that image LOTV is so darn cute. Hope you feel better soon, some days it makes are harder than others hey. Ok Big Hugs, oh have fun sorting those mags, I have 100's too, and yes they reproduce at night I'm sure lol.
Hugs Cheryl

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

OMG Sue! How wonderful is your Christmas card?! I am amazed at all the lovely details and the fact that you also decorated the inside! Love this image and I am blown away by your beautiful colouring of these two little cuties! Great card and the lucky recipient will love it and (gulp!)not long now til Christmas, yikes! I have hundreds of mags too, the magazine rack is groaning with them and went out of shape years ago with me piling them in there. I have a spurge now and again but like you, I think they multiply over night! Have a great week! Hugs, Teresa xx

Angela said...

Wow Sue,
your card looks so gorgeous and the inside is really fantastic.
Many greetings
Angela

coops said...

fabulous card sue.your design and colours are stunning and i love the gorgeous image ;D
good luck with all those mags.i recycled my mountain a while ago and now rarely buy the mags anymore.

xx coops xx

darcy48 said...

Hi Sue what a fab card and I love the inside of the card its beautiful. Thanks for joining us this month at Christmas Crafting Arlinex

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Sue, I love the image and you've coloured it beautifully. The inside looks fab as well.
Pauline
x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Gorgeous card Sue the image is beautifully coloured and the papers and embellishment go lovely with it xx

Sandy's Stamping Scene said...

Hi Sue,
Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well lately; it doesn't show in this card though. Lovely and bright traditional Christmas card. Very cute stamp; is this LOTV's 2011 X-mas collection or is it from last year?

Take care - hope you'll feel better soon!
S.

MacKenzie said...

This is beautiful! I love everything about it. I'm thrilled that you joined us for our photo inspiration at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long!

xxxtglxxx said...

Wow Sue!

Another breathtaking creation! I cant believe how good your foiled paper looks, I can never photograph that! :)

Lovely fresh colours, fabulous bow and gorgeous colouring :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a adorable card. Fabulous colouring and layout sweetie. It is a bit warmer here today in Essex.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

SusanLotus said...

Your comments are always so friendly and positive! :)
It´s normal I think to be tired this time of year, I hear this everywhere. But I am different in this way. This is the best time of the year for me. I get very tired in february-mars instead. I think it´s the fresh air.
Your card is lovely. The stamp is so sweet. I love her clothes and little shoes! :)
We had some cold days here as well but yesterday and today we have blue sky and sunshine.
Hope you get a wonderful day and feel a bit more energized. If not just relax and take care of yourself and sleep if you have to! It´s healing... :) HUGS!

SusanLotus said...

*) I mean the fresh air now makes me feel god, not depressed in feb-mars... I wrote that in a very strange way I think... ;)

chrissy xx said...

Congratualtions on your win Sue!
One Fabulous card!
Chrissyxx

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!! How did I miss this stunner!! Everything about this card is gorgeous! xx

Morgan said...

Thanks for showing us the inside of your gorgeous card, I am always curious about how other crafters finish their cards off. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Crafting this month :o)

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Sue...Beautiful colouring and such a sweet image. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Crafting this month.
Debbie x