Thursday 11 May 2017

MAWTT - Butterflies

 Hello... Good Morning! I'm pleased to be back once again with Team B at


and our lovely team leader Wendy is hosting a fab challenge of

🦋 'Butterflies' 🦋
Wendy is kindly giving a prize set of John Lockwood's Stamps this month for the top winner, to celebrate her upcoming birthday! 

PRIZE!!

Time has been short again this month, and so I have chosen to make this card using a beautiful kit from CraftsUPrint. This is a card for my mum to give my daughter for her birthday next week. My daughter doesn't look on my blog, so know I am ok to show it! She loves Art Deco and my mum wanted me to make a card with flowers on... so this fits the brief perfectly. I've printed it onto thick photo paper, then stuck it onto a 8 x 8 blank card and cut around. That way it is nice and sturdy. I really enjoyed doing the decoupage and love how it came out! :-)




I hope you can pop over to our main site at MAWTT  for more details, and to see the rest of the Team's fab flutterby creations!! I hope you can join us for this fortnight's challenge... I'm really looking forward to seeing your entries... all those butterflies will be so beautiful !! 

Our garden is looking lovely this year.. it's not very well tended, but somehow the plants keep on coming up each year and flowering! :-)
I'm typing this at the weekend and have just been sitting out and enjoying some sunshine. It was so peaceful and the blackbird was singing and the bees were buzzing... finally it feels like Summer!! but I'm scheduling... this so by Thursday morning it might be cold and wet!! but hope not!!
Thanks for all your lovely comments, I really do appreciate them!
Will catch up with you soon!
Love and hugs

16 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just beautiful Sue....hope you are keeping well.xxx

Janice said...

Hi Sue, such a beautiful card. Love the design....very art deco !! Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

meg said...

Love the art deco style Sue, the papers and roses are wonderful together, I'm sure your daughter will love it. Sadly we've had rather mixed weather here, much colder over the last few days but the sun is shining today, hope you are all well Meg xx

Hazel said...

Absolutely beautiful, Sue - I love the colours, the shape and, of course, the fact that it's Art Deco. The sun is shining today up here but I'm not feeling too good so it's a late visit from me. I'm glad you've enjoyed some good weather, let's hope summer gets here soon. Hazel x

Janis Lewis said...

Oh so pretty!!

Jenny L said...

Hi Sue,
what a very wonderful card and your Art Deco shape is super.
Love all the wonderful flowers and the pretty butterflies.
I think you daughter is going to be so pleased with this.
I am glad all turned out okay today I too would have panicked like hell, and got very stressed out too.
I do hope you and your Mum are doing okay now.
Love and bug crafty hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card Sue, such a fabulous shape and beautiful colours - your daughter will love it.
I hope you are keeping well - it has been really warm here to day, we could do with some rain, the garden is so dry I will have to get the hose pipe out soon!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Chrissy said...

Gosh, this is just stunning Sue..I love the design and those flowers and butterflies are just beautiful..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Wendy said...

Stunning card Sue, such gorgeous colours and design.
Hugs
Wendy xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous Sue. Hopefully an insight of the lovely summer to come!!!
Not much sign at the moment. Short little bursts and then it gets frightened goes away.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

SewPaperPaint said...

This is so very beautiful! Love the vibrant color and mix of plaid with florals. Hugs, Autumn

Pat said...

Lovely to see you posting Sue and with such a beautiful card, I am sure your daughter will love it, gorgeous colours and great design. Been a lovely week up until Friday when the showers came, but the garden really needed some rain, though hopefully the sun will soon be back. Hope you and your Mum are well.

Pat xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh WOW Sue this is stunning, what a great card, Love those colours and im sure Chrissy will love it, Hope you have had a super weekend, Love H xx

Pia S said...

What a fantastic card shape and everything in here is beautifully arranged. A special card for a special girl.

Babs said...

A real beautiful shape card Sue, a wonderful design for a real special person in your life it's gorgeous ..

Hugs Babs x

Wendy L said...

Looks wonderful Sue, thank you. xxxx