Thursday 14 July 2016

Sunburst Sunshine!

Sorry it's been a while since I last posted.... home life seems very busy... and when I do get a bit of spare time, often I feel really tired....so end up reading and then usually fall asleep!

I had a couple of days last week when I felt bit brighter, but the weather was really dull, so thought I'd create my own sunshine with a couple of Sunburst Cards! :-D

My lovely blogging friend and Teamie Christine recently made a beautiful card here
So I took inspiration and thought I would have a go at making one... or two even...


Gorgeous Papers: Basic Grey - Picadilly
Sentiment: Freebie with magazine
Flowers: Bo Bunny


Isn't it strange how you can only see mistakes once your cards are photographed and uploaded! ;-/ 
I love the contrast of colours between the card and patterned paper on the second card... but I realise now that it was a huge mistake to use  a paper pattern with lines on! they fight against the sunburst pattern.  Gonna have another go at one of these with Christmas Papers...will make the strips a bit wider next time.

My daughter has just got back from beautiful Crete... think she brought some sunshine back with her as it's been a lovely day here today! :-)
Mum and I went round to see her flat the other weekend. It's a really nice apartment.. very light and airy. She made us both a lovely lunch and tea and jam scones for dessert! Yum Yum. 

Thanks for all your comments... I really do appreciate them!
Love and Hugs 

8 comments:

Judith said...

Your card looks lovely inspite of the stripes Sue! - I didn't even notice that until you said. Sorry for my lack of visits lately - things are still pretty busy with poorly people round here and sometimes its blog or craft! - i dont have time for both and sometimes neither. it's supposed to be a lovely day tomorrow - hope they got it right! hugs Judith x

meg said...

you've brought some sunshine to my morning Sue, not too bright here at the moment so I loved seeing the sunburst sunshine yellow, great design and layout. Reading often sends me to sleep too,but it's a relaxing way to end the day. Hope you and mum are both well Hugs Meg xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Sue,
what gorgeous sunny cards, and their designs are wonderful.
Love the fab papers used, and what very wonderful flowers.
Yes you are right about not noticing something till you have put it on your blog.
That is quite strange how that happens.
Love and big hugs from my house to yours, and I do hope you will soon be feeling much better.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Tammy said...

These are so bright and beautiful Sue!! I love the gorgeous papers you've used and all of the yellow, fab sunburst designs! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Big Hugs, Tammy

Babs said...

Wow Sue what a beautiful ray of sunshine this really made me smile I love the brightness of your card and those beautiful papers too, such a gorgeous card. So lovely to see you back..
Have a lovely weekend.

Happy Crafting
Hugs Babs x

cotnob said...

Gorgeous cards Sue, just what I needed to brighten my day. Such a fabulous design, I didn't even notice the stripe issue until you mentioned it - we are our own worst critics aren't we!
It sounds like you spent a lovey day with your daughter - jam scones sound yummy.
Pauline
x

Pia S said...

Oh I love these! Your sunburst technique is a bit different than the one I've used, you've used one DP only and allowing the background panel to show through. Awesome effect! And using DP with stripes wasn't at all a mistake, I think it creates a beautiful pattern. Nice job!

Christine Harrop said...

Oh wow!! What a great job you have done here with these cards Sue! The sunny yellow colour is great and I can't see any problem with your patterned paper. The stripes don't really conflict. Sorry I'm so late but have been having a busy time followed by a few problems but hopefully things should be fine now. Hope things are wll with you. Hugs Christine xx