Sunday 15 July 2012

My Crafty Heart DT Card - New Baby...

Hello! Hope you are all having a nice weekend! Thank you for your kind wishes re. my dad... he is doing ok except for a very painful shoulder which we think may have happened when he had the seizure. So sleep has been a bit disturbed. But managed to grab some quality sleep last night and feel a bit better today. So... thought I would post this card that I made for My Crafty Heart....


Here's another of the wonderful Whiff of Joy images available from My Crafty Heart - this image is called Buggy Ride and it's perfect for New Baby Card.. 


STAMP: Whiff of Joy - 'Buggy Ride'
PAPERS: Prima - 'Alla Prima'
DIE: Memory Box - 'Wrought Iron Fence'
FLOWERS: Prima - 'Vinetta Flowers /Fairy Belle' and MCH - Resin 'Ocean Breeze'
CHARM: 'Pram Charms'
PEARLS: MeiFlower 'Stick on Pearls' - 5mm


All the above are available from My Crafty Heart.... :-)


The Sentiment is from Pink Gem Designs and mounted on Nestie...



I've coloured little Henry and his mum with Promarkers Cool Greys and a touch of Blossom on the ears and nose. I'm really not keen on brown mice!! don't ask me why... brown bears are ok but mice... I prefer them to be grey or white!! LOL I know I'm doing a lot of paper-piecing lately but I really love that you can tone it so well using the papers... it really is 'My Crafty Passion' at the moment and so I am entering this into the Sir Stampalot Challenge!!!



This image reminds me of when you are a proud mum taking your new baby to the Park... I think this is a Silver Cross Pram - top notch suspension!!! LOL 

Blogger is being a B****r  again!!! I apologise for the huge gaps... I've tried everything to correct it and I'm not starting again from scratch.... and what is with Blogger when you add a link now... it jumps up to the top of the page every time and you have to scroll down after every link you do... Very annoying!!! Now I'm getting a pink band saying an error occured...I'm not clicking on 'ignore warning'  - I am just completely ignoring it and hey... it takes the hint and goes away!!!! ROFL... I actually looked at Word Press last night... when I get time I might try it out....

Anyway,  hope you like my card...

I would like to enter the following Challenges:-

Totally Papercrafts - Challenge 125 - 'Lots of Layers' ends 19th July 2012
The Crafty Pad - Challenge 179 - 'Paper-Piecing' ends 21st July 2012
Ooh La La Creations - Challenge 109 - 'Whiskers' ends 22nd July 2012 
By the Cute & Girly - July - 'A Day At… The Park! ' 
Sir Stampalot - July - 'My Crafty Passion'
(Paper-Piecing)

Wow! it's not raining today!!! my daughter has gone to Tatton Park to see Open Air Shakespeare Play Henry V. They are taking a picnic... so fingers crossed that it stays dry for them... so many events are having to be cancelled due to the rain!

I'm really sorry for my lack of commenting... I'm hoping to catch up with you in next few days all being well. But just doing this post has made me SO tired... I think I need a lie down... LOL

P.S. My Crafty Heart is 6 months old!!! and to celebrate... this weekend you can get 10% discount on First Edition pads just by entering MCHFIRST so if you head on over there today you can grab a bargain - I love First Edition pads!!!


Hope you all have a lovely Sunday!
Love and Hugs

32 comments:

Sue said...

awww this is gorgeous Sue. The image is adorable and I love the colours and the paper-piecing. Such fabulous detailing too, especially that little charm.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the day
Hugs Sue

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Sue, oh this is so cute, I want to cuddle that little baby mouse! (not that I would want to cuddle many baby mice!) He is so sweet sitting their in his pram and of course, it must be Silver Cross (I had one of those for Robin, but OMG was it heavy and awkward!) Your paper-piecing looks fab and love that fence die, she really looks like she is taking him for a walk in the park...and talking of sunny Parks, I do hope it doesn't rain for Chrissy...I hope you are Ok, Big Hugs, Teresa xxx

Unknown said...

Oh Sue, your sweet mice are super cute! And it's so nice to see a grey mouse for a change, because I keep seeing brown ones popping up everywhere, lol! The wee one looks perfectly happy in its pram, but hey, I would be, too, walking around on your pretty card! Take care, hope you had some sleep? Big hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh this is so sweet hun, love the image & that fence looks great!
Hugs Shellxx

chrissy xx said...

Oh Sue! This is JUst Gorgeous.
The cutest of cute images and I LOve your papers especially LOve your paper piecing..That little pram matches the GOrgeous flower and I LOve the charm soooo cute. See you have a Memory die fencing ...Does it work okay lol...Still not got the hand of my Christmas one...
Chrissyxx
Glad things are improving at least if you get a good nights sleep it will help..So glad your Dads a lot better too...sounds as though he's knocked his shoulder....Hope your Mum's settling down a little better as well..
Chrissyxx
Yep! Glorious weather...Shhhhh!!!

chrissy xx said...

You been changing your blog?

cheryl said...

oh Hunny so sorry to hear about your dad sweetie oh hope he gets better real soon Hun,and you please take it easy too,
as for your card Hun its just brilliant love the image and your detail and the colours you have used are simply first class take care Hun,love big hugs to your both Cherylxxxxxxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Sue,love the image,fab paper piecing....great papers.

I am so glad your Dad is on the mend.xxx

June Nelson said...

Aw this is just gorgeous!!! i love the image its stunning and I love your paper piercing, brilliant baby caRD HUGGIES jUNE XXX

Jo said...

Lovely card, Sue, fab paper piecing and love that pram.....i had a big Silver Cross for my boys and loved it but oh my, it was heavy! So sorry to hear about your Dad....sending big hugs and get well wishes & hope things improve real quick!
Take care hun!
Hugs Jo x

Lisa Jane said...

ooh this is gorgeous Sue.. i love the green shades and that fabulous flower.
Glad your dad is ok.. and i can sympathise re the painful shoulder
Lisa x

pinky said...

Sue this is just so cute, what a gorgeous wee image and love how they sit perfectly behind the fence. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and fab papers. Hugs, Claire x

DesignerDiva said...

Hi Sue so pleased to hear your Dad is doing ok - it must have been such a worry for you!
We are all guilty of lack of comments at this time of year so please don't worry Hun, we know you still love us!
This card is pretty spectacular Mrs I just love that fence die and there was me thinking I was all died out!!! Super image and fabulicous colouring a big well done all around!
Hugs Laurie xx

Shannon White said...

Oh Wow! Thank Goodness! So glad you Dad is doing much better and hope your Mom is feeling better too!
Your card is Soo Adorable! 8-) Love the Darling image and Pretty paper piecing too! Just Wonderful my Sweet friend! 8-)

Big Hugs
Shannon

Unknown said...

Hi Sue, glad your Dad is feeling better.

This is a super cute card, I love everything about it esp the little charm and the fence is a nice addition. Reminds me of a photo of me as a bub in a Silver Cross pram also!

I've had thoughts about going over to Wordpress too when Mr Blogger is being a bastard but it's never happened yet - all is working ok at the moment...fingers crosse.
Cheers,
Elaine

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Sue what a cute image! Reminds me of when I took my daughter out in her Silver Cross - what a proud mum (apart from the time when I forgot her and got halfway home when I realised something was missing lol)!! Love the paper piecing and the papers are just gorgeous. Glad your father is doing better and you managed to get some decent sleep! Its raining now in Blackpool but we have had 3 or 4 nice days of sunshine!! Take care Sue hugs Susan xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Hi Sue this is adorable. I love the colours you have used and those lovely embellies finish it off a treat. Glad your Dad is on the mend and you have managed to catch up on some sleep. Hope the weather kept fine for your daughter. Thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

cotnob said...

I'm so pleased to hear your Dad is doing OK Sue.
I love your card, and I know just what you mean about brown mice, the only ones I can bring myself to colour brown are House Mouse. I love your pretty flower and your paper piecing is fab.
Blogger is a pain at the moment isn't it - I keep getting that daft message and the big gaps everywhere and as for jumping to the top of the page when you add a link, it's just so annoying.
I hope you have a good week.
Pauline
x

angelwhispers said...

Sue this is just adorable what a fabulous design and love the paper piecing looks just perfect!!! Sorry to hear your Father is unwell send him my love and I hope things settle down and you manage to get some much needed sleep!

Love and hugs Chanelle xxxx

Anonymous said...

Aww, how cute is this?!! Gorgeous card Sue.

I missed the post about your Dad but I'm glad to hear he's doing okay.
xx

coops said...

so stunning sue.the image is adorable and i love your colours and paper piecing.

xx coops xx

Sandy's Stamping Scene said...

Hi Sue,
So sorry to hear about your dad, hope he is doing better now. Gorgeous card; I do love the WOJ images,k especially Henry & Betty!

Take care,

Hugz,
Sandy

Mary J said...

Oh I just love this Sue! Such a sweet scene, love how you did the fence and the colours gorgeous together!

Donna Mosley said...

Aww! Sue, this is so adorable hun. The mice look so cute and the grey is perfect for them. Gorgeous details as always. Sorry to hear about your Dad, glad he's feeling better.

Donna x

Jo Grason said...

This is such a cute image and I love your colour combo it's gorgeous. Hope your dad is feeling better x
Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La creations good luck!
Jo x

Joan Ervin said...

I am sorry about your Dad, Sue...I hope he feels better real soon!!! Your card is sooo pretty!!! Such beautiful coloring on the adorable image and I love the colors you used!!! The fence is the perfect finishing touch!!!!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really pretty, I love the sweet image and the colours and that charm is gorgeous
Lindsay xx

Hanna said...

Such an amazingly cute card, Sue! Love the colours and embellishments you've chosen for your gorgeous card, they all look so perfect together, absolutely stunning.
Stunning paperiecing on the clothing too. Looks fabulous!

have a nice day,
hugs
Hanna

meg said...

Hi Sue such a beautiful card for a new baby mother mouse looks so proud I prefer grey mice too but can't say why. Sorry to hear your dad hasn't been well hope he is on the mend now take care hugs meg

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card, fabulous colours and I love how you used that fencing. Thanks for sharing it with us in our whiskers challenge at Ooh La La this time.
hugs
Dawn xx

SusanLotus said...

This is very sweet!
Hope you still enjoy a sunny weather over there. It´s sunny here today as well. Going out to the balcony now for some healing warmth.
Many hugs!