Sunday 10 August 2014

Oriental Treasure

Hello... I hope your weekend is going well.

I thought I'd share this card that my daughter asked me to make for her friend's Birthday which was a few weeks ago.  She wanted an Oriental theme as her friend had just visited Japan. 

I chose my paper first from 'Papermania Oriental Treasure' Stack
Any images that I use for cards for my daughter have GOT to have two eyes, at least a hint of a nose and definitely a mouth!!! Lol... I have strict instructions! ... so I thought I'd have a look through Hannah Lynn's images and found this beauty at Crafts and Me called Amanda... she was such a joy to colour! :-)) and pleased to say that my daughter loved her! 


Paper: Papermania - 'Oriental Treasure'
Die: Memory Box - 'Party Lanterns'
Stash: Sentiment, Flower, Gems


 I love the Memory Box Party Lanterns... and a great tip is to hand emboss them with metal stylus after cutting. I found if I machine embossed them with patterned paper they became quite fragile in places. So now I just cut them and then go over the embossing by hand before removing, and it really brings out the pattern nicely.


I've coloured Amanda with Copics and Promarkers.

We had lovely weather last Thursday and I actually got to sit out in the garden and enjoy it... it was lovely and sunny, not too hot and a gentle breeze... perfect!! It was quite nice yesterday too, plenty of sunshine! but alas, today Bertha has arrived! - here in the UK we are getting the tail end of a tropical storm. But... perfect weather for staying in and crafting! Hope you are all staying safe and cosy!

I've not done much crafting this weekend though. My daughter has been home and so we've been enjoying watching Midsomer Murders on Box Set!... I'm also looking forward to The Mill later. This series has been so much better than the last and it shows much more of Styal Mill in Cheshire which is a really beautiful place. They still have the old mill with working looms, the apprentice cottages and the old chapel. So I would highly recommend a visit if you get the chance... very educational too.

Off to get a cup of Ceylon Tea now and maybe a biscuit, or two!! ;-))
Thank you for all your lovely comments, I really do appreciate them! 
Take Care
Big hugs

32 comments:

Sharon said...

A beautiful card Sue and I am sure you daughters friend will be thrilled. Love the image and the colours are so striking.
Enjoy your evening.
Hugs Sharon. x

Chrissy said...

She is stunning Sue...beautiful colouring and love the papers and white flower...so very pretty..

luv CHRISSYxx

sallysbitz2 said...

A lovely card Sue. Your daughters friend will love it x

Bertha!! I have ended up in the kitchen having a cooking and baking session. I have done so much tasting I feel like Bertha, lol.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

chrissy xx said...

Stunning! What a FABulous image..FABulous colouring Sue and I LOve your little lanterns hanging with pearls Your paper is BEautiful.
Chrissyxx
We've been stood in the rain today lol..Watching for the Lancashire Fusiliers following in the footsteps of the men of WW1 marching from Todmorden to Middleton..it was very emotional.
Watching Rod Stewart now waiting like you for The Mill.
Chrissyxx

Sue said...

This is stunning Sue. The pretty image is coloured so beautifully. I love the papers and gorgeous detailing.
In a way I know how your daughter feels, I really do struggle to colour images without noses and mouths, I feel like I need to draw them in!
I hope you have a good week.
hugs Sue xx

Pia S said...

This is SO pretty, Sue! Every detail of this card has an orinental feel, I love the colors and I'm so impressed by how you colored her hair! Gorgeous!

Janice said...

Late call again for me, we were in Ab at the flat this weekend. Had a lovely curry and sleep over before returning home today. Blogging not allowed whilst away! So love this oriential card Sue, such beautiful bold colouring and I love the lanterns. Bet your daughter loved it, as would her friend. Hope it's not too wet with you, getting a bit wetter here now, but nothing outrageous! Have a super week, Jx

meg said...

Fantastic oriental card Sue, you've coloured that image beautifully, her hair is spectacular.Love the lanterns and flowers. We've missed Bertha but the forecast is rain for tomorrow and most of the week. Off to Aberdeen tomorrow flat hunting for Doug and Vicki, they've been in their flat for 4 years and the landlord has decided to sell it. One bedroom flat £150,000. They can't afford to buy it, the rents for a 1 bed start at £625 Aberdeen is the most expensive city in Scotland hope we are lucky and find something half decent. Take care big hugs Meg xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh Sue this is beautiful, what a rgeat card, Love it. Mmm Its now raining here and set for the night. Im catching up on here then off to relax before bedtime!!! Not stopped for days with card making. Need a wee time out I think!!!

Love Hazaelxx

Doreen said...

This is stunning Sue,fabulous image and design. I hope you are keeping well.xxx

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Sue, love the image and fab design.

Donna x

Kathleen said...

Stunning card Sue and fantastic colouring, love the lanterns.
I am so with your Daughter on this one I have to have noses and mouths.
Yes Bertha arrived here too, glad you have had a good weekend.

Kath x

May said...

Stunning card Sue, Your colouring of this Beautiful image is outstanding... I adore the design & all the detail....So glad you and your daughter have enjoyed the weekend... Happy week ahead for you both... Hugs May x x

Tammy said...

WOW Sue this is gorgeous!! I love that image and your coloring beautiful! Perfect paper and fabulous lanterns!! I hope you have a wonderful week!
Big hugs, Tammy

Wendy said...

Stunning card Sue, she's gorgeous so beautifully coloured, love the lanterns and pretty white flower.
Hugs
Wendy xx

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Sue, I love your beautiful image and your colouring is fabulous.
I think we have been lucky here - Bertha seems to have missed us, it's a bit windy but apart from that quite nice.
Take care.
Pauline
x

Claire Grantham said...

WOW!! Sue, you certainly met the brief with this card. Love the image, so beautifully coloured. All the elements work really well together. Cx

Jacee said...

Lovely card Sue, the colour is fab and the image coloured beautifully.
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Jo said...

Gorgeous make Sue, fab image & her hair is awesome! Hope you're well, hun!
hugs Jo x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Sue what a lovely card. The image is brilliant and love how you coloured her. All the embellishments and paper are just perfect with the Oriental theme. My sister was the same when I showed her a card I had done with a Tilda - "she's no mouth!!", needless to say I didn't send it to her lol! I hadn't realised the Mill had started again until last night when we watched it! Susan xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so beautiful Sue and I am sure your daughter's friend will be in seventh heaven with it. Your colouring and layout is awesome. If I get the lantern die I will try and remember your useful tip.

We had very high winds and rain here yesterday but not as bad as some places.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Unknown said...

Aaww how splendid she looks surrounded by those perfect reds! Love your Asian girly card Sue, you couldn't have made a prettier card for Chrissie's friend! Gosh, I can't believe we both have an Asian card at the same time, especially since we didn't talk about what we were making, lol! Love yours!! Lots of hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Sue said...

A very beautiful image and card Sue.
Hugs xx

Dawn said...

Love this card Sue, the colours are so vibrant. Gorgeous work x

Liz McGuire, said...

Wow Sue, this is gorgeous. No wonder she loved it, Liz x

Mary J said...

A really beautiful card, Sue - love that layout and the simple embellishing!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card and fabulous colouring Sue, love it!
hugs
Glenda

Wishcraft said...

What a beautiful image! Gorgeous colours and design too... fab card Sue :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Debbie said...

A beautiful card Sue...love the image and great colouring. x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just stunning hunnie, I'm sure it was loved!
Hugs Shell xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just stunning hunnie, I'm sure it was loved!
Hugs Shell xx

coops said...

so stunning sue.i love this fabulous image and your colours are so striking :D

xx coops xx