Sunday 27 April 2014

Craft Like An Egyptian.....

Hello.... I hope you are all well and enjoying the weekend. Big hugs to those who are not feeling good and I hope you feel better very soon.

I'm back with something that I made just for fun... sometimes it's nice to be inspired by something and just go with the flow....

I watched a Series on Egyptian Art a few months back and found it really interesting... it got me thinking about the colours that they used and also the patterns etc. and the pictures of people, animals and nature that lived in Egypt long ago.

Anyway, I thought I would do a picture to represent England and Nature in present day time.... so wondered what animals I could use and then remembered this lovely Owl set of Stamps that was a gift from my lovely blogging friend Debs... thanks hun! I think owls are perfect as they often represent wisdom! ;-)

I stamped the images onto a Papyrus Paper background... used a pattern stamp that was freebie in magazine for a border... I used Copics and kept to the colours of brown, gold and blue, so hopefully it has an Egyptian feel to it... the chipboard frame was a freebie with a magazine... and I've painted it with Acrylic Paint.


Looking at the picture now.... I might go over the blue in the border with a deeper shade... it looks a little pale... still not sure about the frame... it might look better in a square frame? but then I quite like the brown card surround? Lol ... ah well... it was a creation just for fun and I really enjoyed doing it! :-))


aren't they the cutest owls ever!! :-))

Ah well, better get back to my crafting.... I have a few Birthday Cards to make for next month.  Looking forward to The Crimson Field later.... and my daughter and I are catching up with Game of Thrones! :-)) 
Hope you all have a lovely Sunday evening!
Love and hugs

18 comments:

Debs said...

Totally fabulous!!! Love the colours and the theme behind the project - brilliant.
Hope you enjoy your weekend viewing.
Take care
Debs xx

Claire said...

I love how you have been inspired Sue and what a fabulous creation - I love owls too! Enjoy the rest of the day. Hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous sweetie...and I hope you had a lovely weekend too...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sue, I love the cute owls, fabulous colouring and beautiful framing.
I hope you have a good evening.
hugs Sue xx

Carole said...

Great creation Sue & beautifully coloured
Hugs
Carole xXx

Donna Mosley said...

Love this Sue, the owls are so cute.

Donna x

coops said...

so stunning sue.i love the fun owls and fabulous bold colours ;D

xx coops xx

Kathleen said...

Fabulous Sue and that is what crafting should be about doing something just for fun and enjoying, sometimes we get bogged down and under pressure.

Kath x

Kathleen said...

Fabulous Sue and that is what crafting should be about doing something just for fun and enjoying, sometimes we get bogged down and under pressure.

Kath x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so gorgeous Sue, I love your design, and the adorable owls.
Kevin xx

chrissy xx said...

WoW! You've certainly got a cute selections of owls here lol...LOving your colours and design...Your frame is perfect Sue..
Chrissyxx
Had to tape Crimson Fields last night so I could watch 'The Artist'.
Ready for Games of Thrones tonight though. x

Pia S said...

Don't change anything on this card, I think it looks great as it is on the photo! I don't know what it is about owls, but they're so cute and I never seem to get enough of them!

Unknown said...

Totally amazing how your card came about dear Sue! Love the colours, they're absolutely spot on and what a great way to incorporate those wise owls, too, so pretty. Your yellowish background actually looks like old parchment paper, cool! Biggest of hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Tammy said...

Oh this creation is gorgeous Sue!! I love the sweet little owls and your beautiful color combo! Such a fabulous design! Have a wonderful week!
Hugs, Tammy

Glenda Atkins said...

What a marvellous creation, love it!! Great array of owls going on here and all are fabulous!
hugs
Glenda

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Sue, what a lovely way to design your project by starting with a theme. I love your owls and I think the blue is pretty.
Have a good week.
Pauline
x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous sweetie, the owls are so cute and adorable. Fab colouring and layout. Getting behind with my commenting as I have had nothing but doctors/hospital appointments lately. Got to catch up as I am away on the 8th to see my Stepdaughter in France.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

XxJULESxX said...

gorgeous love the colours!! i am now a follower!