Tuesday 5 October 2010

First Challenge

This is my first attempt at a Challenge and is from Bev's Sketch on LOTV Challenge 67.  

Christmas Candle

The Stamp is Lily of The Valley's "Christmas Candle" and I really love it as it can be coloured in so many ways and can look totally different. It gives the card a really Christmassy glow.  I never would have thought black would work on a Christmas Card but as I have loads of black card leftover thought I would give it a go.  I think it kind of gives it an olde worlde feel? The background for the stamp was made on computer with Seashore Software. You can get a spray paint effect.  Then when dry, I stamped onto it and coloured with Copic Pens and Promarkers. I didn't have any brads so used buttons with gem on top.

Christmas Candle (detail)
Menu
Square black card blank
Red pearlised paper
Milton Christmas Papers
"Christmas Candle" Stamp by LOTV
Martha Steward Doily Edge Punch
Red and Gold Ribbon from stock
Stamp Background made on Computer/Printer
Christmas Wishes Tag made on Computer/Printer
Paper Flower coloured with Promarker Ruby, Stickled with Glitter, pearl added.
Black buttons with Red Gems stuck on top



Colours used to colour Christmas Candle Stamp:-


*Promarkers stated with shade, Copics by no. 
Face: Vanilla and Copic R20
Coat: G85
Scarf: Cool Greys 1, 2 and 4
Shoes and Mitts: Cool Grey 2
Candle Holder: Black
Candle: R46
Flame: Yellow, Bright Orange, Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Glitter Pen
Holly: Lime Green
Berries: R46
Fur on Hood/Pom Poms: Layer of Sakura Souffle White Pen and Ultra Fine Glitter Pearl


Stockists: Stamp from Lili of The Valley, Punches from Crafty Devils Papercraft.  All other from Handy Hippo.


Challenges: 
Lili Of The Valley - Challenge 67

2 comments:

Tracey T said...

This is lovely - the background really makes the image look like it is glowing. Good luck with your blog - be warned, it gets addictive! Tracey T x

Sue B said...

Thanks. I have a feeling it might become addictive! both the blog and the challenges - I sometimes get ideas for cards as I'm falling asleep! and there are so many wonderful papers, stamps and gadgets - I have to curb my spending! lol
Sue x