Thursday, 19 January 2012

Moving Along With The Times (DT Card) - 'Things With Wings' Challenge

Hi all, It's Thursday and so time for another Challenge over at


This week the lovely Pami is our hostess and she has chosen the fab theme of ....

'Things With Wings'

I think you are all going to love this challenge! So many things with wings!! could be a bird, could be a plane, (maybe not Superman!), but a fairy or an insect.... so hope you will all join in the fun! 

I have chosen a gorgeous image by Mo Manning called Fairy Tabia. I adore her!! I also decided on an Art Deco theme. I saw a similar design with the design paper arranged in a fan in this month's Simply Cards and Papercraft. I made my own template and used some 'Lilac Mist' paper by Wild Rose Studio.


The gorgeous Carnations and lilac rosebuds are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The sparkly pink flowers are from Dies to Die For. The heart ribbon is from Handy Hippo. The Sentiment was made on computer using an Art Deco Font.


I've coloured her using Copics for Skin and Hair. Flexmarkers for the dress and wings. The Flexmarker are finally growing on me !!! Now I have the darker colours I can blend them with the pale. The little brown stars on her dress are Tan Promarker and I have added some 'Platinum' Glitz Stickles from My Crafty Heart Store. I love the Glitz Stickles - they are SO sparkly! I have gone over the veins of her wings with Sakura Glitter Pen 'Clear Star' and I was aiming for a Stained Glass effect.

I loved doing the Art Deco theme and will definitely be doing more!!

Our fab sponsor this week is Crafty Emma's Store who are very generously offering the winner a £10 Voucher to spend in their store!



Do pop on over to MAWTT for more details of the Challenge and also to take a look at the gorgeous cards my Teamies have made this week - they are all SO beautiful this week!!!

I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges:-

Wild Orchid Crafts - Challenge 40 - 'Anything Goes' ends 22nd January 2012
Dream Valley  - Challenge 23 - 'Anything Goes' ends 21st January 2012
Flutterby Wednesday - Challenge 186 - 'Open' Butterfly, Angel or Fairy ends 24th January 2012

Hope everybody is well
Not long until the weekend! ;-)
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

39 comments:

Pami said...

I love Art Deco Sue and you have captured the feel of it in your card so well, the image is so pretty! Beautiful card!

Thanks for your email about the spectrum noirs, I am going to have a colouring session with mum with her new pens and see how we get on!!

Have a great day
Pami x

Debs said...

Simply stunning Sue - your colouring is awesome :o)
Have a wonderful day hun.
Debs xx

Ira said...

Awesome card Sue! Love your DIY frame, it's absolutely brilliant and gives so much depth to your card. Such beautiful soft tones, too and those fantastic flowers are the finishing touch! Big hugs, Ira x

Rose Petal said...

Hi Sue. SIMPLY STUNNING. So beautiful and sweet with that gorgeous image.
Love Sandra xxx

chrissy xx said...

WoW! The design is Stunning! LOve the colours! Adore the image. One Fabulous card Sue.
Chrissyxx

DesignerDiva said...

WOW Sue you pushed the boat out with this one! I'm lovin' the art deco theme it really makes a great statement and the font in matching style is a great idea.
Mo Manning images are my latest find - I've just bought some but not had time to ink them up yet (surprise surprise)
I'm off to my mums - have a great weekend Hunny
Hugs Laurie xx

Lisa Jane said...

This is stunning Sue.. i love the art Deco feel and the image really pops against the black edges ..
Just fabulous and so pretty
Lisa x

cotnob said...

Gorgeous card Sue, I love the way you have arranged your design papers and that image is lovely. Your colouring is fab and the sentiment is just right for the art deco theme.
Pauline
x

Amelia (Mimi) said...

this is beautiful, yes the flexmarkers make it look very professional!
xxxxxxxxxxx Amelia (mimi)

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW I love y0our Art Deco theme its a brilliant idea. What a stunning card. I love my flexmarkers too, they are so juicy. Love Hxx

Susan Flynn said...

Sue this is so very pretty. The image is beautiful and I love what you have done with her wings. Your colouring is superb as usual. The font goes so well. Hope you are ok xx

Lily Anuska said...

This Art Deco look is realy fantastic. You did one beautiful card. Hugs. Lily Anuska

Katina said...

This is so beautiful Sue! I love the Art Deco style you have gone for; so different and very effective.
xx

Brenda Brown said...

Love this card Sue, fabulous colouring and a great design and layout.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

coops said...

so stunning sue.the image is gorgeous and your colours and details are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Teresa said...

Hi Sue,
Wow, you have coloured this little fairy so beautifully, I adore that Art Deco feel to the card too, it compliments her beautifully. Those flowers are fabby - it's a stunning card Sue, Big Hugs, Teresa xx

Jac said...

Beautiful, love teh Art Deco feel to your card and how softly you have coloured your fairy. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

Cheryl said...

OH Wow Sue, this is STUNNING!!!, love that gorgeous image and your Art Deco theme is fantastic, truly beautiful card. tfs.
Hugs Cheryl

Pop's Cards said...

morning sweetie, this is gorgeous, I so love this image too, great colours hugs pops x

Betka said...

This is fantastic creation Sue!!! Hugs, Betka

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous card hun, just love the LO, the paper is fab!
Hugs Shell xx

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Sue, I love the background. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley
Clairex

Violets Corner said...

Wow, this is stunning Sue! I like the fabulous art deco design and your fantastic colouring together with the gorgeous flowers, it's fantastic!

Have a great weekend sweetie!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Sue said...

Hi ya
wow a totally gorgeous card, awesome colouring, beautiful papers & embelies, lovely design, sue,x

Sandy's Stamping Scene said...

Hi Sue,
Hope you're having a good weekend. Love the layout of this card, and the image is fab, beautiful coloring. I really like the effect on the wings as well. I'm working on a fairy card right now; should be able to link up to MAWTT in a day or so.

Take care,
S.

Donna Mosley said...

Oh! Sue, this is soooo incredible hun. Love the very sweet image and amazing colouring. Gorgeous!!!!!

Donna x

Pat said...

Beautiful card Sue! Love the image, it is so lovely and beautifully coloured. Love also your layout.
Hugs xx

Lena Katrine said...

Great creation in beautiful colours and lovely details! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at WOC!
Hugs, Lena Katrine

Shannon White said...

Oh Wow Sue this is just Magical! 8-) Love Love Love your Darling image! and your coloring on her is just AWESOME! 8-) Wow! And I Love how you did your BG too! Very Art Deco! Love the whole thing! 8-)

Hugs & Happy Weekend!

Shannon

Debs said...

fabulous..love the l/o :0)..thanks so much for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenges and good luck ..hugs Debs x

Desire Fourie said...

Aaaah, this is so adorable. Love the backdrop the image. Very creative.
Hugs
Desire

Anne said...

Oh, such a darling image! Love her, and those flowers are gorgeous. Great colors and layout too. :)

Hugs, Anne.

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a lovely card
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
Love Jan
xx

Delphine said...

WOW, Sue, how beautiful!!! I love the art Deco effect and your image is simply gorgeous! Fantastic colours and papers too:-)! Have a lovely evening! Hugs Delphine xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Wow Sue! This is so beautiful! Love the art deco style, it has such drama and impact. Your colouring of this little cutie is just perfection.

Stunning card my friend! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Cheryl said...

oh Sue how stunning is this your detail is just fantastic,your colouring just amazing,super detail Hun Hugs Cherylxxx

Karen Wilson said...

Oh, this is GORGEOUS! How sweet!! Thanks for joining us at FBW!!

Alessandra said...

woooonderful Sue!! Love this card and your colouring is brilliant!
Sorry for not being around lately, I am such a busy cookie... :o)
Hugs, Alessandra

SusanLotus said...

Very clever design! Very unique.
And I also like the card Fairy Sue with the lovely ribbon and ribbon-charm.
Happy creating to you!
Hugs!
Susan