Sunday, 18 September 2011

Dance of The Sugar Plum FairBea

Good afternoon! and a very big welcome to all my new followers! Well I have been beavering away quietly last few days on this project! For a long time now, I have wanted to do a Pop Up Card. And this is my first attempt! Well, second! First one ended up in the bin!! LOL. This design is called a Trinitage Pop Up and there are some great instructions here at Jak Heath Website.


Papers are Cosmo Cricket 'Mitten Weather' - I do love this stack! Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. Snowflake Charm and pearls from Bunny Zoe's. Ribbon is stamp from Lili of The Valley. I've coloured it with Sakura Glitter Pen to give it some sparkle. Sentiment was made on computer.

This is the sketch that I have used from the Wild Orchid 'Christmas Sketch' Challenge. I have rotated it to fit image.

Wild Orchid Crafts - A Christmas Sketch


Star of the show, is the gorgeous 'Sugar Plum Fairy' herself Teddy Bea! Coloured with Promarkers: Blossom, Warm Grey 1 & 2, Sakura Pink Glitter Pen and dusted with oodles of Kars Glitter.

Onto the inside. 


The same gorgeous Teddy Bea pops up on stage although I have reversed the image to fit my layout. Also a Christmas Tree or two, or three!! Oh boy the blooming stars on those christmas trees gave me no end of trouble! Kept finding as I added layers that when I folded it down, the star was poking out!!! So had to decapitate the stars and glue them on lower. I tried leaving them off altogether but it looked worse! LOL. So I have learnt to next time check the height of layer when folded down :-))


The Christmas Trees have lots of glitter on but it's not showing up on photos!


The Christmas tree is Clip Art from good old Microsoft Office. I have changed the colour of it to match Plum Theme. Stage is also from Microsoft Office.



 So kind of made the scene on computer and had to line up three layers, two the same with stage and tall tree and one with stage, Bea and smaller tree. 


Papers inside were free with magazine. Sentiment was made on computer with glitter string bow added.

This card was SO hard to photograph. It's hard to capture the 3D effect. Also it's hard to capture the sparkle and get a sharp image. So I have made a wee video especially for the Sparkle! Now I've never added a video before so if it doesn't work or looks naff when published it will very quickly disappear LOL!!!


Hope you liked it!

Off to get some cheese on toast now, and really looking forward to Downton Abbey later! nothing like getting all nice and cosy and watching a lush drama when Autumn comes!

Will catch up with you all soon!

I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges:

Papertake Weekly Things with Wings' (ends 19th September 2011) 
Wild Orchid - Challenge 32 - 'A Christmas Sketch' (ends 25th September 2011)  
Christmas Crafting  - Challenge 3 - Christmas Sparkle (ends 30th September 2011)

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening!
Love n Hugs!
Sue xx

29 comments:

SusanLotus said...

WOW! The card is so pretty! And complicated! :o
Have a great week Sue! Hugs!

Vicky said...

Wow Sue...this is truly gorgeous hun and I so love you wee video...and the music too...you know you will have to do this woth every card now...lol...

I'm settling down now too to watch the X-factor then Downton Abbey..

take care hunni..big hugs Vicky xx

chrissy xx said...

WoW! I'm a little bit speechless lol. You've made a video!! Just been watching it!!! You are clever! Great music lol. This is one Fabulous card! LOve your colours! LOve your image! LOve your papers! LOve everything!
Chrissyxx

Astrid said...

Hi Sue,
This is cool your card, wow its gorgeous, the outside and the inside.
Hugs Astrid

Sandy's Stamping Scene said...

Hi Sue,

Ahhh...also purple :-) Well this is really a piece of art; I've never made a pop up card as it seems so complicated and I don't do complicated. :-) The image is adorable and the coloring is great. Well done on the video as well!

Tracy said...

Hi Sue
A superb creation with such beautiful details.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Cheryl said...

oh just love this hun super card,love all the detail ,great video too hun love the music,hugs cherylxxxxxx

Cheryl said...

Hi Sue, what a fantastic job you have done on your pop up card, it's absolutely gorgeous, and that teddy is the cutest thing lol. Great video too, you have done really well with everything. Can't wait to see what you are going to come up with next.
Hugs Cheryl

Pat said...

Wow your card is fantastic! And what a great idea with the video cos we can see it better, hope you do it with all your cards :))
And the fairy is so so cute!
I am not a great fan of tv, it makes your brain mushy mush :) but i watch nature or animals programs.
Have a great day.
Hugs xx

Angie said...

Fantastic pop up card love the cute image works well as a christmas card.
Thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
Angie x

coops said...

stunning card sue.your colours and details are beautiful and i love the sweet images and the pop up inside, fabulous :D

xx coops xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This card is so gorgeous and looks very complicated. Sorry I haven't watched the video sweetie as my download speed is so slow. I can't wait to move house where we have been told I will 16 times the speed. Lol!! I may come back and watch it then. Lol!!! I hope you enjoyed Downton Abbey last night.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Teresa said...

Hi Sue, I am in awe of your pop up card! You have put such a lot of work into it and a video too! We are spoilt. Love the "Sugarplum Fairy" music! You have coloured the Teddy Beas so fantastically too and I love the shades of pink. Fab card, Hugs, Teresa x

cotnob said...

This is such a gorgeous card, I've never made a pop up card but now I've seen yours I might give it a go. Love the Teddy Bea Image and your coloring is great. Well done on the video as well.
Pauline
x

DesignerDiva said...

oh WOW you have pushed the boat out with this one Sue - Pop up!! Love that gorgeous Teddy Bea and you're right that paper is really lush! and on top of all that - Steven Spielberg eat your heart out - fab video Mrs!!

Hope you enjoyed Downton, its my favourite!

Hugs Laurie xx

Sara said...

WOW! I love this! Thanks for playing along with Christmas Crafting!

Crea Astrid said...

Wowww, what a beautiful card with a lovley stamp. Nice done.

Hugs Astrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

Morgan said...

haha don't you wish we all had our own personal professional photographer so that we could get on with the business of creating while they take fabulous shots of our work! Your card is gorgeous I am so glad you shared it with us at Christmas Crafting this month :o)

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card...Love the image and all the great details. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Crafting this month.
Debbie x

craftybirdlisa said...

WOW, WOW AND YET MORE WOW. Such a beautiful stunning card. wow x

ZUzanna said...

Stunning card! Sooo sweet!! :D

meg said...

A magical card lots of detail and beautiful colours. Thanks for joining Christmas Crafting this month.

Arline said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining in with the Christmas Crafting challenge this month!xx

Susan Flynn said...

Wow Sue! I've just seen this now as I am finally catching up. How clever are you? You must be feeling very proud I know I would its such an intricate card and the idea of using the computer to make the backdrop - brilliant. Love the video with music from The Nutcracker - what a lovely ballet! xx

darcy48 said...

Wow what a fab card must have taken you forever to design it. Thnaks for joining us at Christmas Crafting this month and good luck. Arlinex

elsi said...

Gorgeous popup-card!! Thanks for joining us at WOC this week ♥

xxxtglxxx said...

This is amazing! :)

Such a fabulous and brilliant card! The inside is just fantastic hun!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Jacque said...

What a darling card, Sue!!! You have used the sketch beautifully and such work you have put into your submission!!! Just lovely!!! That image is so cute! Thank you so much for joining with us at WOC and we hope to see you each fortnight! Hugs..Jacque

SusanLotus said...

I hav eto try that Sakura glitter pen too! Makes a beautiful effect on the card! Hugs!