Sunday, 13 March 2011

Memory - Frozen in Time

This is a Mother's Day Card that I have wanted to make for a while using a photograph of my mum when she was a child. The papers were a freebie with a magazine a long time ago and I must confess I nearly threw them away because I didn't like them and couldn't think what I would use them for. Anyway, they seemed to look just right with the Sepia photograph! I distressed the edges for a shabby/vintage look.



The lace, corner frames and gardenia flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts. My mum likes a bit of bling! so I edged the papers and flowers with stickles. The charm and bow are from stash. The lovely 'Memory Frozen in Time' sentiment came with the papers and is just perfect for this card!

Challenges entered:
A Spoonfull of Sugar - Challenge No. 142 - 'Anything with a Vintage/Shabby Theme!!' (ends Monday 14th March 2011)
Wild Orchid - Challenge No. 18 - 'Anything Goes' (ends 8pm Sunday 13th March 2011)
Simon Says Stamp - Challenge - 'Anything Goes' (ends 9pm Tuesday 15th March 2011)
Dutch Dare - Challenge No. 103 - 'Photo Inspiration' (ends 11.59 Wednesday 16th March 2011)

12 comments:

Vicky said...

Ahh Sue your Mum was adorable as a child ~ I wonder what she was thinking coming out of the water??!
Fabulous design and the dp's are just perfect ~ Your Mum will just love it hun :o)

have a lovely afternoon, hugs Vicky xx

Sue said...

Aww thanks Vicky!

Yes, my mum was very cute. It's really nice that I have so many lovely photos of her. I think she will love seeing herself on the card!

Hugs Sue xx

Kreatives von Andrea said...

A great Card Sue......a fabulos design,a wonderfull card, your Mum will be like it.

Nice greetinges from Andrea

Pat said...

Awww your mum is so cute and your card is gorgeous,she's gonna love it.
Lucky you didn't throw away the papers!
Hugsxx

Sue said...

Thanks Pat!

Yes, I'm glad I held on to those papers. I will have to have another look through my stash! I might find some more hidden gems from years ago! LOL.

Hugs Sue xx

DesignerDiva said...

Sue! THIS IS AWESOME!!! Oh Sue your Mum is gonna love this. Everything is perfectly co-ordinated, its amazing and I just love that pic of your Mum!! She is so cute. Fabulous papers and sentiment perfect for the picture and FAB layout too, really really well done on this one
Love 'n' Hugs Laurie x

Sue said...

Aww thanks Laurie!

I have some lovely photos of my mum when she was young. She said she loved the sea! I like the papers now too! I only saw the sentiment after I'd made the card and so was chuffed when I saw the words!

Hope those invitations are going okay btw!

Hugs Sue xx

chris said...

this is perfection, so love it.
love the idea of using a photo, very special.
hugs chris xx

Sussie said...

I saw your card in Dutch Dare challenge. It is so beautiful and matches the colours perfect!
Hugs!

Sandra Mathis said...

Good thing you didn't throw the papers away; they are perfect together with this photo. Goregous card, love everything about it!

Sonja Bekker said...

Hi Sue,

What a really lovely card and how wonderful to use a picture of your mum
She's so adorable as a little girly.
Love this idea,maby I wil use it for my mother if I may.

Love and kisses
sonja

Sue said...

Thanks Sonja!

Yes, I thought I might frame it after Mother's Day so she can keep it. I would have to make a box frame because of the flowers, but it would be a nice idea as she likes to put some of my cards on the wall !!

Hope you make a nice one for your mum!
Love 'n' Hugs
Sue xx