Monday, 7 February 2011

Love is in the Air ...

I am in love .... with this 'bear couple' digi-stamp from Stitchy Bear Stamps. I am very fussy about my bears, but think these are the cutest, cuddliest bears I've seen in a while. I coloured them with Cool Grey 2 Promarker and then used a dark grey pencil to add some lines to look like fur. The hat is coloured with Pastel Blue Promarker and then Diamond Stickled.


I have finally got my Glossy Accents! I have so many things that I want to buy and yet I am trying to be good and ration my spending LOL. Anyway, this month I got the the Glossy Accents with my spends and added some to the bears' noses and mummy bear's kiss.


Cutting out some bits of the bears was a problem. I bought a craft knife last year but it is SO blunt! I can't believe it is a craft knife - I think my vegetable knife might be sharper. Can anybody recommend a good brand of Craft Knife? There are no little 'uns in house, so safety isn't an issue. I would be grateful for suggestions. Thanks.


The paper is from a Kate Knight pad that came free with a magazine - I do love her designs.  I wanted to do flourishes for corners but don't have any dies for those yet, I am not patient enough to do them by hand with a blunt knife!  Anyway, the flourishes are next on my list! So the corners are done with wavy scissors and martha stewart doiley punch. There's quite a lot of gems and pearls, but then it is a celebration of Valentines and quite a girlie card! The ticket sentiment is from Valentines Pack from Stitchy Bear Stamps. I coloured it digitally to match the paper.  The pink card is from the Papermania Red Hot Pack. The gorgeous pink rose is from Wild Orchid Crafts and I have added some glossy accents to look like dew.

I am entering the card into the following Challenges:-

Top Tip Tuesday - Challenge No. 20 - Anything Girlie 
Stampin' For the Weekend - Challenge No. 3 - St Valentine's Day
Creative Stamp Friends - Challenge No. 18 - Valentine
Wild Orchid - Challenge No. 16 - Love Is ....
Stamptacular Sunday - Challenge No. 97 - Hearts Gone Wild!
Digi Doodle Shop - Challenge No. 45 - Valentines
I Love Promarkers - Challenge No. 51 - Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Challenge No. 8 - Love is in The Air!


30 comments:

Kathleen said...

The teddies are adorable a really pretty card, thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.

Kreatives von Andrea said...

Hi, gorgeous card, lovely image & colouring!

Thank you for your participation at Creative stamp Friends.

A nice greeting Andrea from germany

Nickys-kleine-Bastelecke said...

Eine wundervolle Karte einfach genial.

Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Kreative Stempelfreunde
LG Nicole

WeirdCat said...

Great card,love the bears, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers and DDSB this week
Ruth x

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Sue! The teddies are so cute and i love your borders. The papers are yummy, i got the same from a magazine too!
Hugs xx

Anne said...

Aww they are so sweet, love the bears. Thank you for taking the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hope you’ll join us again!
Hugs
Anne

Sue said...

Thanks Pat!

I do love those papers. I have got 3 Kate Knight pads now. They always inspire me they are so beautiful.

Hugs Sue xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Gorgeous colours and that is such a cute bear image. Loving that ticket sentiment. Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
hugs
wynnth
x

Tine said...

Hi. Cute bears and a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Nina said...

Hi!

Great card, I love the DP you have used.

Thanks for joining CSF this week :)
Nina.

maxine said...

This is a lovely card so cute x

Sue said...

Thanks Maxine!

Ooh, glad to have you as a follower!

Sue xx

Tracy said...

Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog, I love your blog and followed you too. Looking forward to seeing more of your lovely work.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

DesignerDiva said...

Hi Sue I've been away so sorry I'm late commenting! I love this card the bears are adorable and you have coloured them perfectly and all your embellishments are right up my street! I love them!! It could just be that you need a new blade in your craft knife - most brands have changable blades if your not sure just pop it into your local craft shop they will tell you. Paper blunts blades quicker than anything! Love Laurie x PS email me your address - laurie@designerdiva.co.uk - I'd like to send you something in the post xx

Sue said...

Thanks Tracey!

Sue xx

Sue said...

Hi Laurie,

thanks!

My craft knife was blunt when I bought it! Actually now you remind me, I did see one in my local craft shop and it looked quite good, with spare blades etc. so might invest in one of those! I used to have a scalpel when I did cake decorating years ago and it was fantastic, but it got thrown away at some point!

Sue xx

Sissi4477 said...

Wow, Deine Karte ist richtig bezaubernd!

Vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei Kreative Stempelfreunde.

LG Sebrina

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, stunning creation fab colours and papers just gorgeous biggest of hugs love Pops x x x

craftybunny said...

Cute card.Such beautiful colours.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

Sue said...

Awww thanks Pops!

Hugs
Sue xx

Julie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment!

Your card is darling. A perfect Valentine!

Hugz,
Julie

Sue said...

Aww thanks Julie!

Hugs
Sue xx

Graphicat said...

Oh if those arent the CUTEST bears! And great purples too!!!

Im so glad you joined us at Stamptacular this week!
Cheers
Cheri

Pat said...

Hi Sally,
Can you try and put your name down with mr linky because sarah says it will be hard for her to count the name on the comments and then with mr linky, it would be much better in one place.
Sorry
Hugs xx
Pat

Sue said...

Aww thanks Cheri!

Smiles :-))
Sue xx

Sue said...

Hi Pat,

Had another go with Mr Linky! He is behaving today!! LOL Have a lovely weekend!
Hugs Sue xx

Kim Piggott said...

Such a super cute creation!
hugs
kim x

Sue said...

Aww thanks Kim!

Hugs
Sue xx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

simply adorable... hugsies
thanks for seeing me today.
hugs
Claudia

Sue said...

Thanks Claudia!

Hugs
Sue xx