Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Walking In A Winter Wonderland

Hi all, I am finally over my cold. Thank you for all your wonderful comments on my posts - they really cheered me up and I enjoyed reading them all.

I was really pleased to see the cheerful Lili Of The Valley Challenge this week - Winter Fun!  And what better way to try out my new LOTV stamp which features James Bear, enjoying the snow. 



The challenge asked for glitter!  Yay, I love going over the top with the glittery stuff every once in a while.  A couple of weeks ago I saw some snowflake paper that I really liked on Handy Hippo Website. So immediately thought of that for background. I wanted to create a Winter Wonderland for James Bear so I went to town with the Diamond Stickle and also added some glitter card and sparkly Christmas trees.   


James Bear "In The Snow" (detail)


I am also entering the card into Tuesday Throwdown Challenge which is "Anything Goes" and also the Wild Orchid Challenge No. 8 which is Pastels.

Ingredients
White Square Card Blank
James Bear "In The Snow" Stamp from Lili of The Valley
Christmas Paper Collection "Snowflakes" from Handy Hippo
Clip Art Christmas Trees changed into monochrome trees with Seashore Software, printed onto card and edged with Sky Blue Promarker
Glitter Card - "Baby Blue" from Handy Hippo
Craft Scissors - "Wavy Edged"
"Walking in A Winter Wonderland" banner made with 'A Charming Font Expanded' - (free Font download from FontStock)
Blue Stars from stash
Lots and Lots and Lots of Diamond Stickle !!!!


Promarkers used to colour James Bear
Bear: Cool Grey 2 and Cool Grey 4
Glint in James Eye: Sky Blue
Hat and Scarf: Sky Blue 
Snow: Sakura Metallic Silver Gelly Roll
Fur/edge trim on Hat/Scarf: Diamond Stickle

Christmas Trees
Baubles added by blobs of Silver Stickle
Edge: Sky Blue

Mounts and Card edges: 
Diamond Stickled to the hilt!

Challenges:
Lili of The Valley Challenge No. 70 - Winter Fun
Tuesday Throwdown   No. 22 - Anything Goes
Wild Orchid Challenge No. 8 - Pastels


Sharing Moments:

The leaves are gorgeous colours at the moment.  Danny (my darling Tibetan Terrier) has a new game - chasing and catching the falling leaves. He is 13 years of age (if human he would be drawing his pension!) but I don't remember him playing this game ever before. It kind of goes against the saying 'You can't teach an old dog new tricks!'

As Christmas is approaching I have got in early and asked Father Christmas for a Die Cutter.  I am so tired of cutting everything out by hand and I find it a real chore cutting out mounts to size, especially if you want to do fancy scalloped edges - it takes forever with ruler and scissors. I really can't wait until I can use the Nestabilities.'

I thought this post I would share a photo of Danny enjoying last year's snowfall.  Danny loves the snow and likes nothing better than snuffling his nose in it and sending it everywhere as you can see by this photo!


Danny in the Snow

3 comments:

Pat said...

What a gorgeous card! The colours are fab and i love the image.
Thank you for visiting my blog, it means a lot to me.
Can you believe i bought a cuttlebug a few weeks ago but i can't use it as i can't afford it anymore! Life is unpredictable :))
Hugs xx
Pat

Sue said...

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your comments also. I have asked for a cuttlebug or sizzix for xmas instead of lots of little pressies, so I hope I will be able to afford stuff for it. I will have to choose the dies wisely! But I also have to replace my laptop which is old and keeps dying on me so money will be tight all next year while I pay for that. But my laptop is my life really as I am partially disabled and cannot get out and about.

I hope things improve for you soon! keep up the cardmaking!

Love Sue xx

cats whiskers said...

What a stunner dear, thanks for entering LOTV with such a beautiful card
Hugs
Jacqui xx